When it comes to your company's business processes, there are a handful of solutions that have always been essential. As technology advances, our list of must-have solutions should advance right along with it. To do otherwise is to risk valuable opportunities to remain competitive in a rapidly changing business environment. Increasingly, one of those must-have solutions is mobile printing.
There's no question that mobile printing has become a business imperative. Consider these signs of growing demand:
- The mobile workforce is increasing, with nearly 100 million mobile workers in the United States.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is now commonplace, as employees both remote and on-site use personally-owned mobile devices to access business data.
- More companies have realized that mobile devices are a less expensive alternative to desk and laptop computer, with many businesses issuing company-owned mobile devices to their employees as standard procedure.
Mobile Print Security
Mobile devices solve a host of problems, from improved collaboration to 24/7/365 access to your data from any location. At the same time, mobility can also introduce a few problems, with print security a chief concern.
1. Wireless printing can present print security issues when businesses fail to implement safeguards. If your staff routinely prints documents without retrieving them immediately, solutions like pull printing can solve the problem. By requiring users to authenticate and be present at the device before printing, you can eliminate security violations caused when documents are left unattended in print trays.
2. Document Management Services can give your mobile users the tools they need to print using the latest print security protocols. By integrating with your organization's multifunction printers, Document Management and document scanning allows you to eliminate costly physical storage solutions while giving your staff access to valuable information.
To learn more about mobile print security and other solutions to move your business forward, contact us at Advanced Office today!