Why Print Security Should Be a Priority
It's not every day that you hear how corporations and small businesses need to protect the comings and goings of their in-house printer, yet it's all too common in today's marketplace for breaches of security to take place when least expected. Securing your office printer needs to be at the top of your to-do list when setting up a new business or having a printing service install modern technology into the workplace.
Your printer is a vulnerable machine that holds thousands of documents and information through stored memory. It's not necessary to mainly see a printed document appear from the tray and believe you're secrets are safe when you retrieve it. Copy machines and office printers receive all information from your PC source and it needs to be protected, which is why print security should be a priority.
How to Manage Cybersecurity Risks
If you aren't taking the proper precautions with your networked equipment in the workplace, chances are you need an expert team to fix the vulnerabilities on your multi-functioning office printers. Hiring smart office solution businesses who understand the challenges of securing your data is optimal to ensure productivity and a sense of print security.
Here are ways in which you can secure your office printer today:
- Use a network firewall to block anonymous and otherwise dangerous third-party access to your connected equipment.
- Configure your router to only accept trusted device connections.
- Restrict IP addresses outside your geographic location when users connecting to your printer remotely.
- Change the default password to the administrative control panel.
- Invest in third-party security services to ensure your printer network maintains high-quality document and data security.
- Install software solutions to encrypt network transmissions in your office environment.
- Sell or discard old office printers after you've wiped clean all internal data storage.
If print security is ever compromised, it is vital to have backup solutions with a partnered print solution service who has been at the forefront of your managed office data. Having an essential piece of equipment such as a multi-functioning office printer needs to also have the trusted confidence of a managed IT service.
Stay Protected and Keep Your Data Safe
Every business has challenges, and it's important that your print security is on its game. If you are a small business or a large organization, make certain your data isn't vulnerable to malicious intent. Protect yourself today with help from the experts.