Did you know that every good managed print services plan begins with a print audit? Here's everything you'll want to remember about this important first step--what it is, how it works, and why it's good news for your business.
Managed print services is all about helping you find effective, efficient ways to print smarter. However, before any of that can happen, your provider needs to understand what your print environment looks like, how it works, how it's being utilized, what its challenges are, and more. To effectively gather this data, your provider will perform a print audit.
Here's everything you need to know!
What are they?
Print audits are just what they sound like: an in-depth look at your print environment from top to bottom. Your managed print services provider will gather data from your machines and networks to understand what's going well and what isn't.
How do they work?
The power of print audits is in transparency. It's often overwhelming to gather all this data yourself, but a print audit works by analyzing details that you might have overlooked to create a complete image of your budget, habits, print needs, and more. After that, managed print can help you choose tools and solutions that fit your environment perfectly.
What are the benefits?
Many companies hesitate at the words "print audit" because all they hear is stress. However, the truth is that print audits aren't bad news for your company--they're a great thing. Here are a few big benefits:
- improved security, allowing you to identify and eliminate weaknesses in your print security protocols;
- boosted efficiency, since a print audit will highlight steps or processes that are dragging your workflows down;
- healthier budgets, thanks to useful data about where your money is going and why;
- a stronger fleet, because a print audit will help you decide which machines need to be upgraded;
- and happier customers, since a print audit results in better processes throughout your business.
Ready to see a print audit in action? Want to learn more about managed print services? Contact us today!